Business Terms Of Service
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE HOSTING, ADD-ONS, SUPPORT AND PROFESSIONAL SERVICES OFFERED BY 1 POINT 3 CREATIVE (“1 POINT 3”).
CAPITALIZED TERMS USED HEREIN BUT NOT DEFINED SHALL HAVE THE MEANING ASCRIBED TO THEM IN THE ORDER FORM.
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, including Customer’s payment of all applicable fees, by selecting one or more 1 Point 3 Products (“Products”) that contain hosting services (e.g “AgileSite Standard”, “AgileSite VIP” etc) on the Order Form,
(a) 1 Point 3 shall use reasonable commercial efforts to provide Customer with Hosting Services as and to the extent set forth in 1 Point 3’s then-current Hosting Services Terms, as they may change from time to time (the currently effective version of which is found below and labelled as Exhibit B), and
(b) at all times when using the Hosting Services, Customer agrees to comply with 1 Point 3’s then-current Hosting Terms of Service (the “Hosting TOS”), the current version of which is found below and labelled as Exhibit C.
Customer shall use reasonable commercial efforts to provide 1 Point 3 with thirty (30) days prior notice in the event that Customer plans to significantly increase the volume of its usage of the Hosting Services on any particular Customer site.
So long as the Support period for the hosted 1 Point 3 product (the “Product”) remains in effect, all applicable fees have been timely paid and Customer otherwise remains in full compliance with the terms of this Agreement, 1 Point 3 will use reasonable commercial efforts to provide support services for that Product, as and to the extent described in 1 Point 3’s then-current standard Support and Maintenance Services Terms applicable to that Product, as they may change from time to time (the currently effective version of which is found below, labelled as Exhibit A) (“Support”). Customer will agree to submit Support requests to 1 Point 3 via the identified contact set forth on the Order Form, or through one back up contact. Requests outside of these contacts will not be worked by 1 Point 3 without consent of the identified contact. Customer can change the identified contact for this service contract periodically with notification to 1 Point 3.
3 Add-on Services
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, including Customer’s payment of all applicable fees, if Customer has selected one or more other additional services on the Order Form (“Add-on Services”), then 1 Point 3 shall use reasonable commercial efforts to provide such Add-on Services as and to the extent described in 1 Point 3’s then-current standard Add-on Services Terms applicable to such Add-on Service, as they may change from time to time (the “Add-on Services Terms,” the currently effective version of which is available at http://1point3creative.com/agilesite which is incorporated herein by this reference).
4 Fees and Payment
Fees for Support (“Support Fees”), Add-on Services (“Add-on Services Fees”) and Hosting Services (“Hosting Fees”) are initially as set forth on the applicable Order Form. 1 Point 3 may change pricing for any services and shall provide Customer with notice of any pricing changes, provided that such notice must be given at least thirty (30) days prior to the ninety (90) day end-of-term renewal period referenced in Section 5; all pricing changes will become effective as of the beginning of the Renewal Term that immediately follows the pricing change notice. 1 Point 3 will invoice all applicable Hosting Fees, Support Fees and Add-On Services Fees monthly in advance and Customer shall pay such fees within thirty (30) days of the date of receipt of an invoice from 1 Point 3. All payments shall be made in the currency of, and within the borders of the United Kingdom. Any payments more than thirty (30) days overdue will bear a late payment fee of 3.5% per month, or, if lower, the maximum rate allowed by law. In addition, Customer will pay all taxes, shipping, duties, withholdings, backup withholding and the like; when 1 Point 3 has the legal obligation to pay or collect such taxes, the appropriate amount shall paid by Customer directly to 1 Point 3. Customer will reimburse 1 Point 3 for all reasonable travel and other related expenses incurred by 1 Point 3 in its performance hereunder, provided that Customer approves such expenses in advance.
5 Term; Termination
This Agreement shall commence as of the Effective Date and shall continue for the Initial Term set forth on the Order Form (the “Initial Term”). Following the Initial Term, this Agreement shall automatically renew for additional successive terms of equal length to the Initial Term (each, a “Renewal Term”) unless either party gives notice to the other party of its intention not to renew this Agreement no later than sixty (60) days before the end of the Initial Term or then-current Renewal Term, as applicable. The Initial Term, together with any subsequent Renewal Term(s), shall be collectively referred to as the “Term.” Either party may terminate this Agreement by written notice to the other party in the event that such other party materially breaches this Agreement and does not materially cure such breach within thirty (30) days of such notice.
6 Warranty Disclaimer
All products, Support Services, Hosting Services, Add-On Services and any other services are provided “as is” and without warranty of any kind from anyone, including without limitation, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement, all of which are hereby expressly disclaimed. Further, 1 Point 3 does not warrant results or freedom from bugs or uninterrupted use.
7 Limitation of Liability
Notwithstanding anything else herein or otherwise, neither 1 Point 3 nor any of its suppliers or licensors shall be liable or obligated with respect to the subject matter hereof or under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory (i) for any amounts in excess in the aggregate of the fees paid to it hereunder with respect to the applicable product or service during the six month period prior to the cause of action; (ii) for any cost of procurement of substitute goods, technology, services or rights; (iii) for any incidental, consequential or punitive damages; (iv) for interruption of use or loss of data; or (v) for any matter beyond its reasonable control. The products and services are not designed, manufactured, or intended for use in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe performance where the failure of the product could lead directly to death, personal injury, or significant physical or environmental damage. The parties agree that this section represents a reasonable allocation of risk and that 1 Point 3 would not proceed in the absence of such allocation.
1 Point 3 may use Customer’s name and logo in client listings. 1 Point 3 may issue a press release announcing the relationship contemplated hereby; Customer shall have the right to approve such press release prior to publication, which approval shall not unreasonably be withheld. Further, Customer’s site(s) hosted on the Hosting Services will contain a “Powered by 1 Point 3” logo (or similar attribution).
(1) the Order Form;
(2) these Terms & Conditions,
(3) the Add-on Services Terms, and
(4) the Hosting TOS.
Each party’s acceptance of this Agreement was and is expressly conditional upon the other’s acceptance of the terms contained in the Agreement to the exclusion of all other terms. The substantially prevailing party in any action to enforce this agreement will be entitled to recover its attorney’s fees and costs in connection with such action. All Products and accompanying documentation provided by 1 Point 3 are “commercial items,” “commercial computer software” and/or “commercial computer software documentation.”
Support and Maintenance Services Terms
Who provides the support?
- On work created by 1 Point 3 – Members of the 1 Point 3 team.
- On server issues – Our preferred partner for hosting.
- On add-on software – Our preferred partners for plugins.
- On WordPress – The core development team behind the WordPress software.
How does support work?
You get access to our private support desk when you purchase a product or service from 1 Point 3. A support request is initiated through the support desk or via your site’s dashboard.
Who can access support?
You will specify two named contacts who will be interacting with us on the 1 Point 3 Order Form.
What issues aren’t covered by Support?
Are there any limits imposed on Support?
There are no limits imposed in providing support. We will however regularly review support volumes and if your volume of support issues becomes excessive, as determined by 1 Point 3, we will contact your named contact on the Order Form to discuss ways around alleviating the volume of support calls. This may include the Customer making more use of the FAQ’s and video tutorials sections or by the Customer bringing in different skills into their business to facilitate better understanding of the products and services used. If however your volume of support calls begins to impede support quality to other customers then we will impose a monthly limit of support calls that we will actively work on.
Hosting Services Terms
1 Point 3’s Hosting Services include the following:
- Hosting of your site or sites on 1 Point 3’s hosting Partners infrastructure, in a manner consistent with industry standards.
- Standard hosting-related services:
- Malware detection;
- Hack alert system;
- Regular backup of your site data;
- Performance and Reliability Monitoring; and
- Unlimited traffic and unlimited bandwidth
The following terms and conditions govern all use of the Customers website (the “Site”) by customers who have entered into this Agreement with 1 Point 3 for a subscription to one or more of 1 Point 3’s products or services (together with the Website and all content, services and products available at or through the Website the “Site”).
- Your Account and Site. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the site. You must not describe or assign keywords to your site in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and 1 Point 3 may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause 1 Point 3 liability. You must immediately notify 1 Point 3 of any unauthorized uses of your site, your account or any other breaches of security. 1 Point 3 will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate a site, comment on a site or blog, post material to the site, post links on the site, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the site (any such material, “Content”), you are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your site is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your site is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your site’s URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by 1 Point 3 or otherwise.
You retain ownership of all Content that you submit to the site. However, by submitting Content to 1 Point 3 for inclusion on the site, you grant 1 Point 3 a non-exclusive, perpetual, transferable, sublicencable, world-wide, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, excerpt, re-format, display, distribute, adapt and publish the Content for the purpose of promoting or disseminating the Content, or warrant that the Content is under a Creative Commons BY or BY-SA license. If you delete Content, 1 Point 3 will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the site, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of the foregoing representations or warranties, 1 Point 3 has the right (though not the obligation) to, in 1 Point 3’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in 1 Point 3’s reasonable opinion, violates any 1 Point 3 policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the site to any individual or entity for any reason, in 1 Point 3’s sole discretion. 1 Point 3 will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. 1 Point 3 has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, 1 Point 3 does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. 1 Point 3 disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which the Website links, and that link to the Website. 1 Point 3 does not have any control over those non-WordPress websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to another website or webpage, 1 Point 3 does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. 1 Point 3 disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-WordPress websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement. If you believe that material located on or linked to by WordPress.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify 1 Point 3. 1 Point 3 will respond to such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. 1 Point 3 will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of 1 Point 3 or others. In the case of such termination, 1 Point 3 will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to 1 Point 3.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from 1 Point 3 to you any 1 Point 3 or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with 1 Point 3. 1 Point 3, the 1 Point 3 logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with 1 Point 3, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of 1 Point 3 or 1 Point 3’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any 1 Point 3 or third-party trademarks.
- Changes. 1 Point 3 may in the future offer new services and/or features through the Site (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless 1 Point 3, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Site, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement, including the Services Agreement, constitutes the entire agreement between 1 Point 3 and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified as set forth in the Services Agreement. In the event of any conflict between this Agreement and any applicable Services Agreement, the Services Agreement shall control.
Professional Services Terms of Service